The 9° edition of the Biennial of European Towns and Town Planners is back to Italy 14 years after the Rome Biennial in 1997.
The great changes occurred in Europe and in the world claim our attention on how cities can support the competitiveness of the European continent. Town planners want to reflect on how the spatial disciplines can contribute to the competitiveness and cohesion of European continent.
- From Port cities, historical gateways between Europe and the world, to the cities playing the gateway role today.
- Taking in consideration how the maritime dimension impacts on inland development
- How to apply the strategic approach to urban development
- Evaluating the urban impact of economic change
- Analysing how the infrastructure development streghthens relationships between cities and territories
- Reflecting on how European policies act for development and cohesion of the European territory
- Smart planning: how technological and cultural innovation impacts on urban development
INU, (Italian National Town planning Institute), in cooperation with ECTP/CEU, European Council of Spatial Planners, undertake to guarantee the active participation of European town planners.